The co-ordinator for this hike sent an email reminder for tomorrow and this is what was included:
- Bear Alert: It is bear season. Ensure that you are prepared and educated on bear safety.
- Hunter Alert: It is hunting season in Kananaskis Country. Wear bright unnatural colours and be sensitive to the possibility of stumbling onto a bear enjoying something left behind by a hunter!
- Are you prepared for variable weather? Weather in the mountains is often more extreme than in the city. Make sure you are prepared for wetter, snowier, colder, and maybe even hotter, weather than you would get in the city.
- Since it's a slug going up, it's recommended that you bring your hiking poles.
- Please note: there will be one river crossing. Please bring sandles.
I've been looking for a little adventure in my life but UGH! what have I gotten myself into!