Here is the shirt! Ooops, I’m so use to saying that, I mean, here is the sack! The race is going green this year! Instead of a shirt, they gave out a reusable, environmentally friendly grocery bag.
Other going green initiatives they advertise are:
- a paperless registration, you can still register on Sunday, they will have a computer set up
- cups at the water stations will be composted
- human powered rickshaws to make deliveries to the volunteers instead of a van
- they are suggesting car pooling to the event and have set up a site to arrange that
- bring your own coffee mugs for this race’s pre race coffee tradition
These are a few, there are more, but what a great idea!
I plan to tuck my camera in my pack along with my gels, it’s small and there’s lots of room. I hope to have some along the route photos to share with you.
So here’s to having a fun time Running in the Rockies!