Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Thoughts & Reflection

After yesterday's Pigeon Mountain hike, I parted ways with my friends as they headed east and I drove west to Banff to spend the night.  It was a treat to myself, a chance to escape, to reflect on another reason Thanksgiving time is close to my heart and to be in the mountains for a sunrise.  

I arrived at the spot I had in mind to watch the sun rise.  One person was already there. We exchanged pleasantries.  I eyed his equipment and then looked at mine.  I will never be where he is.  We chatted again and after a few little thoughts he shared, I had to know who he was. Blatantly, I asked him who he was.  He's Chris!

We got down to business and this is my work!  
I am proud of my photos.

It was a cold morning.  
It was fresh and crisp and beautiful.  
I thought of my Mom and her warmth. 
It's been seven years now but sometimes it feels like it was yesterday.  
Mom, you are always near forever dear!

2 comments:

  1. And so you should be! Such a gentle awakening to the day - so peaceful! Were you in the Vermilion Lakes area?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Helen, these photos were taken at Vermilion Lakes.

      Delete

I'm always curious to know what your comment might be!