Monday, August 10, 2009

Graduation Day

I've studied! I've learned! I've practiced! Lord, have I practiced! Hiking that is, I've come a long way in the sport!

Today I graduated!

It all started with approach shoes. Then I moved on up to lite hikers!

Now I have graduated to real hiking boots!

Yup! I'm a big girl now!


In other news, I finally got my bike past the front door. I forgot how good it felt to be sailing along the path with the breeze through my helmet with not a care in the world. I made it down to Ft Calgary and back which, according to my Forerunner 305 and my bike computer, was 28 kms. I would say that is not too shabby for the first time this year! I stopped for a drink and a snack...

...at the new Rivers Storm Pond. I spent 30 minutes hanging out, then headed home. I would love to have carried on further but I need to save my legs for hiking tomorrow.

Now, if only I could get motivated to put the runners on! They are still in my closet, no where near my front door!



1 comment:

  1. Why would you want to put those old trainers on when you have those glam hiking boots to wear?

    ReplyDelete

I'm always curious to know what your comment might be!