....I got a bad case of....! Well, I don’t have a health issue right now but I do have a bad case of trying to find a Doctor for when I do have a health issue! My Doctor retired in December, I went to her for 23 years. Now, it’s time to replace her and I am not having much luck. I did make a bit of headway this morning but I am not out of the woods yet.
I did the online search for those Doctors accepting new patients. I got my list (a very short one) and started making phone calls. It became a circus of laughs amongst my coworkers as they could not help but overhear my conversations, and then when I shared the reasons with them for being declined, the laughter became buckled over hysteria! This is not a laughing matter I say!!!
Can you believe these responses I got when I placed the calls?
1. "Call back in three weeks"
2. "Send a blank email saying new patient in title section then read our 6 page response"
4. "Where do you live?" I say in "B..." She says "you're too far away." I say "I’m right next door." She says "NO!"
5. "Call 911 or health-link"
6. "We can set up a Meet the Doctor appointment for 10 minutes but it's no guarantee she will accept you."
So I have a "Meet the Doctor" appointment for mid March. That’s the headway I made! "Meet the Doctor", it makes me think of those meet and greet online dates you hear about or those speed dating events. I’m hoping the Doctor likes me and that I like her. I hope we make a connection. I hope we will have a second meeting and something will develop. I hope there will be a long lasting relationship like there was with my last Doctor.
Geesh! What has become of our medical system?